Sprite Batcher is a library for Android that lets you draw 2D sprites quickly and easily using OpenGL. It’s not an entire game engine, it simply handles the final step in the graphics drawing process.
SpriteBatcher is OpenSource and is free to use for any purpose including commercial. It is hosted on Github here.
- Draw sprites with OpenGL with less than 10 lines of code
- Batch together your sprites to optimise performance
- Range of draw methods including rotation and scaling options
- ARGB colour transformations (Warning: Reduces efficiency)
- Generate sprite atlas from font for drawing text
- Draw point to point lines with repeated patterns (1D)
- Draw tiled texture with repeated pattern (2D) ****EXPERIMENTAL****
To get you started check out the following videos:
Video tutorial 1 – Getting started
Video tutorial 2 – Layering your sprites correctly
Video tutorial 3 – Drawing text