Hey guys, the full release of Big Pharma is just a week away! This will also coincide with the Steam and GOG releases. The full release will include support for two additional languages (French and German) and Mac and Linux builds. The date and time you all need to put in your diary is:
Thursday, 27th August 2015, 9:00 BST
Yep, next Thursday.
For all the people who have already bought the game, your beta copy will automatically prompt you to update to the full version of the game using the normal patching process. Your installer links will also seamlessly update. In addition the Steam key you have been provided will automatically activate the moment we hit publish.
It wouldn’t be a full release unless it came with some cool new stuff though would it? I can confirm the following never seen before features:
- Voiceover! We have an announcer notifying you of important events in your factory. Words cannot do this justice, you must jump in and listen for yourself, it sounds great!
- 2 additional scenarios. In ‘Full Unlock’ you start with all technology unlocked but so do your opponents, what will you do with so much choice of what to build? In ‘Room to Manoeuvre’ plots are half-price but you have half the normal number of sockets. This makes huge, mega production lines are lot more affordable.
- Modding support! This includes a proper in-game menu to enable and disable mods and allows you to dip your toe into modding without worrying about corrupting your base game.
- Steam achievements! Well we could hardly do these before the game was released on Steam could we? There are a number of hidden ones which I think you will have fun trying to figure out.
- Trading cards! My artist has made some top-notch trading card art and badges for you to collect. I’ve also written some back stories for each of the CEOs which you can learn if you collect their respective cards.
For those of you that haven’t purchased the game yet, next week might be the perfect opportunity. If you’ve been waiting to experience Big Pharma in its final polished state, here is what has changed since that first beta release:
- Crossroads – allowing you to create more complex production lines
- Drug packer – increasing the utility of low value products and creating yet another brain bending logistical nightmare to solve
- Industrial Espionage – allows you to spy on your competitors
- Patents – allowing you to protect your medicines against generic producers
- AI improvements – AI offer much more of a challenge compared to the earlier releases and definitely keep you on your toes
- Fully featured custom scenario creator – includes the ability to import and export your scenario creations
- Freebuild mode – unlimited money and starting with every machines allows you to enjoy the game at your leisure and experiment with its intricacies
Wish me luck on the launch!
PS We’re in the process of sending out review copies, if we haven’t sent you one yet and you’d like to review Big Pharma drop me an email!